Young Africa 2007: aftermath.


Bye-bye!, originally uploaded by rockriikka.

Sorry that I haven't had time to write properly about the success of Young Africa project this year. As Finnish-speaking readers can see, I'm already off to Africa again, this time to Tanzania. Last few days were a bit hectic: moving stuff from my apartment, writing research plans for my Master's thesis, meeting people for good-byes and finally, trying to wrap up Young Africa 2007.

We had some pretty intense 12 days there, in July/August - I'm sure Nthabi, Reason, Hamma and Collin can confirm that. Missing luggage, good shows, fun, fighting, sleepless nights, free champagne and many unforgettable encounters with people. I had a one-day-break in the middle of the tour, when I escaped to my friend's wedding (which was nice, thank you Saana!), but otherwise I was basicly on the run and stressing on minor issues too much. I know I should just take it easy, but it is difficult when one is trying to be perfect :) I'm sorry if I was a bit bitchy during the tour...too much pressure some moments there.

However, in the end - although it was a wonderful experience, I am so extremely happy that it's over. And also proud that I chose you guys to come here! Just to finish: from the website of Radio Helsinki you can download Nthabi's interview on the 2nd August: http://www.radiohelsinki.fi/lataa.phtml

Thank you and bye-bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, les belges!

Henna Senegalese way

Music of Bhutan