Going, not-going, going...

Right now I should be sitting on board of Qatar Airways flight, going to Doha and on to Vienna & Helsinki. But I am not - instead I am at a shopping mall 'Slipway' in Dar es Salaam, trying to spend another extra night here in Tanzania. What happened?

I got to the airport - a bit late, I have to admit, but last days are always so busy everywhere. But I was there 1h20min before the flight time in my ticket. It didn't help though, since the actual flight time was about 1h5min before the time (16h35) mentioned in my ticket. So there I was, tired, with two heavy bags, trying to find someone to help me - all the Qatar Airways employees were finalizing the flight that I could not be on. Finally after pleading the security guards and various other airport employees, I got hold of one QA employee who managed to get me a flight for tomorrow. So, on Monday evening I will finally be in Finland, if everything goes well (inshallah!).

What I learned? Always, always reconfirm your flights (when I left Helsinki and called Qatar Airways, they said that I don't need to do that, but see where I am now) and check the flight times a few days before departure. I know it was partly my fault, but I also think that they could actually inform the clients personally. One more day in Dar es Salaam - it is not really that bad, I even have quite a lot of Tanzanian shillings left to spend, but I was just already mentally prepared to go. Labda kesho, maybe tomorrow..!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have a safe trip home and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Anne & Kjell

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, les belges!

Henna Senegalese way

Music of Bhutan