My home

I am housed in CIFOP, Centre International de Formation Pratique which is situated around 3 kilometres from the town of Mboro. CIFOP has been financed with the help of Luxemburgish scouts since 1988, and it offers its students teaching, lodging and one meal a day for 10,000 CFAs / month (around 15 euros). The fields of learning include agronomy, woodwork, metallurgy, mechanics, hairdressing and construction. I just realised yesterday that I'm living in a vocational school ("amiska" :) in Finnish), though a bit isolated from the students and their classes.



My house, which is actually a studio, comprising one room and a bathroom. It's quite adorable, really, and luxurious with its own, Western-style toilet when compared to the students' rooms.



The obligatory selection of flip-flops in different colours.



The golden curtains are not exactly my style, but now I have already gotten used to them - and acquired yellow sheets to go with them.




The view from my terrace: my gate, and a water tower which provides good-tasting, drinkable water. The neighbour's roosters roam around my yard during the day and wake me up in the early hours of the day.



My laundry on the terrace – the way to spend Saturday mornings.



The acquisition I am most happy so far: a turquoise mat, and the tools & results for a pillow-adjustment session. Senegalese pillows are a bit challenging for spoiled toubabs like me: I adjusted it to fit my demands better by removing some of the fillings with the help of a knife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ah, les belges!

Henna Senegalese way

Music of Bhutan